What is the DofE Challenge?
In a nutshell, it’s the opportunity to take on a challenge of your choice, raise money for the DofE charity, support young people across the UK who wouldn’t otherwise be able to do their DofE, and earn a pin badge in the process.
What do I have to do?
1. Choose your challenge - something that will push you out of your comfort zone. From knitting and kayaking, to cooking and cycling, bingo to basketball, ping-pong to painting, the choice is yours.
2. Sign up to take part: register as an individual or a team.
3. Spread the word and start fundraising. Share your challenge far and wide and ask people to support you through sponsorship or by hosting fundraising activities.
4. Earn your reward: Raise £100 and we’ll send you a digital badge and personalised certificate, raise £250 and we’ll send you one of our specially designed, limited edition DofE Challenge pins.
If I’m doing a physical challenge, can I link my fundraising page to my fitness tracker?
Yes, you can! Simply follow the steps below:
1. Download the Fitbit, Strava or MapMyFitness app and set up your account.
2. Log in to your DofE Adventure account and select ‘My Fitness Activity’
3. Under the heading ‘Connect your preferred Fitness app’, click your chosen app and follow the instructions to connect your account.
4. When you begin walking, select ‘start your workout’ in the app. Once you end your walk, save your workout and your distance will be published to the tally on your page the following day.
Can I do this with family and friends?
We encourage as many people to get involved as possible and you can complete this with friends and family. Take care to follow Government guidance for tackling the coronavirus outbreak and social distancing measures. Stay up to date and follow guidance in your local area and devolved nations.
How much should I raise?
The money that you raise will change the lives of young people, so every penny counts. Raise over £250 and you’ll receive a limited edition DofE pin badge. Raise £100 and we’ll send you a digital badge and personalised certificate. To see the difference that your money makes, read some of our DofE Stories.
Can I Gift Aid my donation?
The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award (DofE) is a registered charity in the United Kingdom. This means that donations will always be used for the purpose for which they are intended and donors can add Gift Aid to their donation if they are a UK tax payer. Your donation may not be tax deductible if you live outside of the UK. Please check your local regulations for more information.
Do I need a JustGiving or Virgin Money page?
The Virtual DofE Adventure website is created by Funraisin which is a donation platform just like JustGiving and Virgin Money Giving. When you register to take part in Virtual DofE Adventure, you will set up a profile and fundraising page and people can donate to this in the same way they donate to a JustGiving or Virgin Money Giving page.
The platform is entirely secure; you will receive an email notification when you receive a donation and your donor will also receive receipt of their donation made to you.